This page gives a brief overview of useful medical visualization datasets that are freely available online.
No registration required:
- Erlangen Volume Library – diverse datasets, including DTI.
- Dr Gordon Kindlmann’s brain – high quality DTI dataset of Dr Kindlmann’s brain, in NRRD format.
- OpenfMRI.org – a project dedicated to the free and open sharing of
raw magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) datasets.
- OASIS – The Open Access Structural Imaging Series (OASIS): starting with 400 brain datasets.
Osirix DICOM datasets – a rich collection of high resolution radiology datasets all in DICOM format.(update: unfortunately Osirix now requires a premium membership)
- Utah SCI CT datasets archive – collection of CT datasets, including micro-CT, at the Utah Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
- VolVis.org dataset archive – collection of miscellaneous datasets, mostly in RAW format, focused on volume visualisation.
- National Cancer Imaging Archive – amongst other things, a CT colonography collection of 827 cases with same-day optical colonography.